Monday, August 18, 2008

Bring on the Teeth!

Well, Hannah was a CRAB APPLE yesterday and she is half-way there today. We suspect it's because her teeth are popping through but I have been leery of giving her much Tylenol since I'm not sure if that's the whole problem. It doesn't help that she's got a runny nose (luckily, she didn't get as sick as Caleb did last week) and that all she wants to do is move. I've been "re-baby-proofing" the living room area: I have even been closing the door to the playroom since Caleb has some little toy parts that I don't want Hannah to get into. She'll make her way around the living room and past the playroom and then get mad that we aren't following her. She was so crabby yesterday that she wouldn't even let us leave her on the floor OR put her in her jumperoo. Plus, she hates having her nose wiped, so that doesn't help matters much either. I hope these teeth come through soon because I am barely able to keep my sanity. It would be worse if Caleb was acting up, too, so it's a blessing that he's been his happy, normal self the past couple days.

Yesterday, you could have called me "Emo" again. My dad left today for Colorado where he'll be working and living for the next 1-2 years. We'll only get to see him once a month when he comes home for a weekend. It didn't really hit me until yesterday afternoon after we had a big family brunch and everybody went home. I was pretty sad so I thought I'd relax and watch some TV. Turns out that when I'm sad, I only want to watch sad things on TV! I'm a crier so I was just sobbing at EVERYTHING! I was flipping between a movie about a lost son being found, a 6-year old being chased by someone who wanted to hurt him and a story where a sister dies and leaves her orphaned child in her other sister's care. Ugh! It was downright depressing. I could have been watching "Everybody Loves Raymond" but I opted for the sappy and sad shows instead. Chris snapped me out of it when he realized what I was doing (wallowing in my own sadness, that is!) and I was very grateful for it! :) Luckily, I'm not as depressed about the situation with my dad today. I am sad to see him go but I know that I will see him in a couple weeks and I can talk to him on the phone. We'll miss you, Dad!!

While I am typing this, the funniest thing just happened. Hannah was crawling around on the floor in front of me, and then she was extremely quiet. I just checked on her, and it turns out that she pulled Caleb's Elmo chair on top of her and fell asleep under it!! (It's basically a stuffed animal that you can sit in, so it's not heavy or anything. And she IS breathing, just so you know!) Maybe the crabbiness is because she needs some extra sleep..... Let's only hope! :)
P.S. I took the chair off her once I took this picture so now she's just sleeping on the floor.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The time your dad is gone will fly by! I am a terrible friend for not even knowing he was leaving. :(

What Hannah is doing looks like something I would do. I always sleep with the blankets over my head and I haven't suffocate....yet! So I am sure she'll be fine. I am convinced there is a human instinct that won't let you suffocate while sleeping with blankets (or Elmo) on your head or I would have done it years ago! :)

Anonymous said...

Do you like that I can't even spell my name right? Wow. There's just something about Mondays that do that to a person! :)