Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Sick Day

Today was very very low-key. We had wanted to go to the Children's Museum or Como, but when we woke up, Caleb was sick. In fact, he woke u crying, which is never a good sign. When I asked him why he was crying, he didn't answer me. Then I asked him if he hurt somewhere but he still didn't answer me. So, I asked again "Why are you crying?" He stopped crying and said to me "I just want to cry for a little bit", then resumed his crying. Ooookkkkaaayyy.... (Chris says he's my child since I've been known to say "I just need a good cry". Doesn't every female think that every now and then?) Anyhoo, much to Kara's dismay, we decided to stay home and have a "sick day". I figured that it's better to stay home and rest one day than to run around and have Caleb be sick all week. As it turns out, staying home was a good idea. Caleb developed a fever in the afternoon and spent much of the time sleeping. From the time they woke up until about 1pm, Kara would say "Caleb says his throat doesn't hurt!" or "Caleb says he feels fine!" in hopes of me saying "Hooray! Let's go to the zoo!" but it was a no-can-do situation. As a mom, I knew that even when Caleb said "I'm not sick" (in his most awful sounding sick voice, mind you), he was still sick. Luckily, my mom had planned to take Kara out for dinner and a movie tonight anyways and she was able to get here in the middle of the afternoon to take Kara. Good thing because I think Kara was bored-stiff! She was thrilled to go to a movie, my mom was thrilled to take her, and I was thrilled that she could go have a good time today despite Caleb's condition.

Well, Caleb just woke up from his nap and he has proclaimed that he is "not sick anymore", so we'll see how the evening goes! :)

1 comment:

The Fritz Facts said...

Those days are the worst. It doesn't get easier. Boo still tries to tell me she isn't sick even when she has no voice and a fever. Like I am really going to say "Ok hun, let's get you to school so Mom can get screamed at by the principal for sending you to school."
Poor guy!! Hope he feels better.