This is the week Caleb has been waiting for: Kara Beana is here! We picked her up from my parents house today and then headed up to my in-laws' house for a bridal shower. Kara played and held Hannah the whole time. It was a huge help and Kara loves doing it. When we got home, I tried to "take over" but Kara was having too much fun playing with both Caleb and Hannah. Of course, Caleb thinks that Kara is here only to play with him, so he has been trying to consume all of her time. I swear, he'd hold her hostage in his playroom if we'd let him! Kara even wanted to sleep in his room tonight (on an air mattress on the floor) but I think it will be the only night she does that. He has already made her walk downstairs with him 5 times---and she doesn't seem very happy about it. I'm pretty sure that every time she falls asleep, Caleb wakes her up and says "Let's go downstairs and get some milk" or "Let's go downstairs because I need my mom and dad to sing songs and make my bad dreams go away." (If you can't tell, those were two actual excuses that he used.) I think tomorrow we'll put Hannah in our room and have Kara sleep in there by herself so Caleb can sleep in his room by himself. I hope that works better!
Speaking of sleeping, last night (when Caleb had to sleep by himself because Kara wasn't here), Caleb said that he wanted to have a "Moon Party" in his room. He pulled his window shade up and when I went to check on him later in the night, he had put all of his pillows and blankets on the floor in front of the window and fell asleep on them. It was so cute and he looked so comfortable that I didn't move him. I asked him this morning what a "moon party" is and he said "It's when we look at the moon and sleep on the floor with our pillows." Well, that makes sense, now, doesn't it?
Sunday, August 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Awe! A moon party does sound like fun! :) He's so cute!
Post a Comment