At 6:30am this morning, I heard rustling on the monitor from Caleb's room, so I quickly ran into his room to get him out before he woke up Kara. (Did that sentence even make sense???) Anyways, I found an awake Caleb and Kara sleeping on the floor. They started the night both sleeping on Kara's air mattress (luckily, it's a full-size), but Caleb hijacked the whole bed during the night. I got Kara back up on the bed and brought Caleb into my room to sleep, but Kara ended up waking up at 7:30am anyway and we all were up and around at that time.
We had a pretty fun day and Kara was in good spirits despite sleeping on the floor. We went to a park this morning and it was great for me! I sat with the crabby baby and didn't have to chase the crabby toddler throughout the park. We played at the park until we got tired, then did a little shopping for school clothes for Caleb. After lunch at home, we went to the Mall of America. We rode a bunch of "Caleb rides" (Kara included) and Kara got to ride two adult rides---one with Chris and one with me. Chris tried to take Caleb on the MOA rollercoaster which got me all excited for the picture opportunity, but it turns out, he's still to little to ride, even with Daddy. We had dinner at Caleb's favorite restaurant, which is the Rainforest Cafe. We also went to Underwater World which Kara had never been to. It turned out to be a good time, which we all knew it would be! We would have liked to ride more adult rides, but it was getting late and Hannah really needed an evening nap.
Caleb is still having a ball with Kara around and always tries to get her attention. They played an entertaining game of "hide and seek" tonight, in which Chris and I witnessed Caleb count to a perfect twenty all by himself! We knew he could do it, but to hear him do it all by himself without us even talking to him was pretty cool!! :)
More fun stuff tomorrow, although, it's supposed to rain.... We'll see what fun indoor stuff we can find to do.... Plus, Kara wanted to sleep in Caleb's room again tonight so we'll see what the night brings! I hope Kara is able to stay in the bed tonight! :)
Monday, August 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Sounds like a great day! Boo is always trying to get on the rollercoaster, and actually was big enough this year. I think she was a little excited.
Post a Comment