Well, I am just sick and tired....literally. I've had a runny nose for days (the repercussions of Caleb's illness last week) but sometime yesterday, it moved into my sinuses and took over! I was just a mess. Chris ended up being my hero, as usual, and he came home early to take care of the kids so I could rest. I didn't end up sleeping but I did sit with my head back and my eyes closed for a good hour (surrounded by peace and quiet, mind you!.) Chris might be feeling guilty because he's going out of town this weekend and I'd be worthless to the kids if I was sick, but no matter his motive, it was wonderful to have the extra hands. Today, I woke up without the sinus pressure but a tickle in my throat which makes me cough every few minutes. I hate that!! I hope that goes away today and that this yucky cold doesn't settle in my chest for long....
Caleb and Hannah had a great time hanging out with Daddy while Mom was sick. I could heard them from upstairs and it was pretty funny! We do this thing with Hannah where we repeat every little sound she makes. She loves this game and keeps making funny sounds so we'll repeat them. Chris and Hannah had a pretty good game of repeating going on last night and I was upstairs laughing the whole time. Caleb ended up taking a huge nap yesterday (mostly because I had a headache and wanted a nap before Chris got home) so going to bed at his normal time wasn't happening. I told Chris that I would like to make "passes" for Caleb to leave his bedroom at night and Chris said "If you're just going to give him two passes, why not have the passes be a pair of slippers?" Perfect!! My genius husband does it again! I took a pair of never-been-worn cheap slippers from my last spa day and explained the situation to Caleb. He lost one "pass" right away because he decided he wanted some milk about 2 minutes after we closed his door. Then, a half hour later, he kept getting out of bed and hollering to us down the stairs. I went upstairs to take the last "pass" away from him and found him standing at the top of the stairs wearing the lone slipper on his little food. I started laughing, so I had to cover my face. Caleb asked me "What's wrong" and I said "Mommy is crying because she has a headache." Yes, I lied to my child, but I couldn't let him know that I was laughing. That's how toddlers win the battle, you see! :) He was very mad when I took his last "pass" away but it did the trick: he stayed in bed and finally fell asleep. I hope this whole "pass" idea sticks. It will take some time for him to really understand it but I think it's a pretty good idea! :)
Thursday, August 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Awe! I hope you feel better soon. I imagine it isn't much fun to be sick with a couple little ones running around. I'd offer to help out this weekend, but I'll be at girl's weekend....hopefully not doing any of my own babysitting! :)
I so hope that my cold didn't pass to you!!
Hope you feel better hun!!
Post a Comment