Sunday, September 14, 2008

Apple Orchard

When we woke up today and found out that it was going to be a cool fall day, we thought one thing: Apple Orchard!! We love a certain orchard and try to go there a few times a year. This time, my mom happened to call and ask if we wanted to go to lunch while we were planning our day so we invited her and my brother along. It turned out to be AWESOME!! We had some apple brats for lunch, along with some apple cider and some apple cookies. Then we bought some apple butter and some apple donuts and washed it all down with some apple wine. Oh, yes, and we didn't forget to buy some regular apples, too.... :)

Caleb riding a pony at the orchard:

There was also a petting zoo, which Caleb usually enjoys, but this time around he was very apprehensive of the hungry goats. (They were VERY eager to eat out of our hands.)

Hannah and her daddy:


This was the first time she rode in the "backpack" and she absolutely loved it. She giggled the whole time we were out and about. (Also, let it be known that I would have taken more pictures, but silly me didn't charge the camera battery so it died after taking about four pictures. Blah.)

After our wonderful lunch and visiting with my mom and brother, we meandered up to Chris' parents' house for good ol' Sunday Dinner. I say "meandered" because we toured a couple Parade of Homes houses and also drove around to see some different neighborhoods. Hey, we can dream, right?? ;) Dinner was wonderful as usual and we had lots of time to catch up with my in-laws since we hadn't seen them in quite awhile.

Right now, it is 8:20pm and we are all in bed---literally! (I'm typing this from my laptop. I love technology!) I am so excited to go to bed early and get some decent beauty sleep. I need all the beauty sleep I can get! :)

3 comments:

Ara said...

wow~ I also want to try taste apple things! it looks gorgeous that Gloria has dyeing hair. Caleb looks much taller than before~ and Hannah is so cute and looks happy!

Anonymous said...

Wow, do Hannah and Chris look alike! How cute! :)

Erin Lewis said...

This sounds like the PERFECT day. I am ready for fall weather too, but unfortunately it comes later to us down here. It is still pretty warm here. I was hoping that my little guy would be able to wear some fall outfits right away, but I guess he will be in summer attire! Your mom looks great!