Saturday, September 13, 2008
Busy Saturday!
Not too much to say today except that it was BUSY!! I got the kiddos to bed early last night and *tried* to get to bed early myself. (By "tried", I mean, went up to my bed early but ended up watching "Friends" and other shows like that until 11pm....Stupid re-runs of shows I've seen a million times!!) Anyways, the whole point of getting to bed early was because we were going to get up SO early this morning. I was up at 6am with my morning coffee in hand, ready to start the day and get the kids up. Both of them were tired but excited because they were going to spend the morning with Uncle Jon and Auntie Stef. I had to work at a craft/garage sale this morning so my brother took the kids. It was great for me and for the kids, but I'm pretty sure it was major birth-control for Jon and Stef. After the sale and the obligatory "sorting of every one's items that didn't sell", the kids and I hustled our buns home where we found a sleeping Daddy and a burr-covered Jack. Both kids were also sleeping by that point which gave me time to get ready for some much-needed PARTYING! Sarah picked me up and we headed to Stillwater to attend part of my sister-in-law's sister's (did you get all that?) bachelorette party. It was fun to hang out with those girls but I had a little bit of homesickness while I was out: Chris called to tell me that Hannah was crawling up the stairs saying "Mama Mama" and it seemed like she was looking for me. How can that not just break and melt my heart at the same time?!?! Sarah and I weren't out very late and when I got home, I was sure to kiss both kids goodnight. Caleb was still awake enough to notice my bachelorette mardi gras necklace and hijack that, and Hannah was "woken up" for me to give her a BIG hug for her new talents of saying "Mama". :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
It is just not the same anymore is it? I think it is so cute that you went out to party but your heart was at home with your family . . . a guess a sign that we are old er I mean more mature!
Katie,
I had fun hanging out with you last night :) Have a great Sunday if I don't see you later!
Sarah
Post a Comment