Thursday, September 18, 2008

Can you guess....?

Can you guess what this 3-year old is doing??


He's circling things he wants from a toy catalog! I honestly didn't think that "I want this/I want that" stage started so early. He says he wants everything that he sees on TV, including Barbie stuff, so when he saw the toy catalog arrive in the mail, he said "I want all of that!!" We told him that he could circle the things he wants and then he can ask Santa for them. That seemed to satisfy him a little! :)

Speaking of "I want", Caleb woke up in the middle of the night last night with what we thought was a nightmare. He seemed to be crying hysterically so I thought it might even be a night terror (where he's not actually awake, therefore, there is no way to calm him down). They usually only last for a few minutes so I nudged my husband and asked if he'd go settle Caleb down. He went into Caleb's room, and then I heard Caleb--through sobs--ask if we could get a cat. What?!?! Apparently, it was just some sort of nightmare that he had had, so he was awake. He was having trouble stopping the tears but definitely knew that he wanted us to get a cat. Yes, quite random, and the asking went on for about 10 minutes. I went into his room to relieve Chris and Caleb said "But-but-but-but.....(sob sob) I really really want a cat. Can-can-can-can....(sob sob) we get a cat, please???" He was finally ready to fall back asleep when both Chris and I said that we would think about it and tell him our answer in the morning. When he woke up in the morning, we thought that wouldn't remember the conversation, but he totally did! Unfortunately for him, we will not be adopting a cat any time soon, although I'm sure Jack would enjoy it just as much as Caleb would...

No comments: