Caleb's bedtime routine has been going very smoothly lately, hence, I haven't talked much about it. He's been pretty good about staying in his bed and certainly hasn't crawled into his sister's bed since we put the lock-thingy on her door. Tonight was kind of silly, however. After getting out of bed once to go potty, we heard him talking upstairs. It sounded like he was hollering to us from the bathroom, so I hollered back for him to go to his room and go to sleep. The hollering from him continued so I kept hollering upstairs. Chris finally said to me, "I think he IS in his bed. I think he's playing with his microphone." Well, I had completely forgotten that his new keyboard (that was apparently in his room) has a microphone on it. He found it in his room, turned the thing on and was basically having a dance-party in his bedroom. I snuck in his room and there he was, all snuggled under his covers with a nice beat coming from the keyboard and saying "Hello??? Hello??? Hello???" very loudly in the microphone. All by the light of the moon, might I add. It was pretty comical but it took some explaining on why he wasn't actually allowed to sleep with the keyboard and let it play music to him all night. Man, when I think I have everything covered, Caleb always finds something new to surprise me!
On a random note, we realized that the tape in our camcorder was full today, so we decided to rewind it and see what all we had taped. Turns out, we started taping the kids when Hannah was first born. We have Caleb singing many songs and trying to do somersaults and Hannah talking to the stuffed birds on her baby swing when she was just 4 months old. It's amazing at how Caleb looks so much older now, even though it's only been 8 months or so since we video-taped him and also how I had forgotten how little Hannah used to be. Those without kids, beware! When you have them, they grow too fast!! (Guess I'm a little mushy tonight, aren't I?) :)
Tuesday, September 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Have you been drinking again? Is that why you're all mushy? :) Chuck and I started another bottle of wine tonight. This is the second one since being together, mind you. I think I might have found some he likes! Now if I hadn't gotten it in Bayfield, this might happen more than once a year! :)
Don't scare me! Our litte guy isn't even born yet and I am already upset about how fast he is going to grow. I am already asking Kevin when we can have our second, I think he almost fainted! I can't wait to see you next time, I am hoping to come back home next March.
Post a Comment