GROWING! Caleb and Hannah keep doing new things every day and I can't keep up with it all! All of you with kids can relate, I'm sure. Here are a few things that the kids have shocked me with in the last couple of days:
*New Language: Hannah is not really saying any actual words besides "Mama" and "Dada", but I realized that she has a language of her own. She really is trying to communicate with us. The other night, she was in her bed crying "Nananana". I thought "Weird, she usually says 'mama'..." Turns out, she must have bonked her head or something because "Nana" is what she says when she gets hurt or is mad. For real! Isn't this cool?? She fell flat on her back again today, bonked her head and when I was coddling her, she was saying "nana". She did it again when I wiped her nose and she got mad at me... :)
*Learning how to use a napkin: Caleb knows what a napkin is and knows what it is used for, but why does he still wipe his hands on his shirt? This is the ultimate question in my book. This morning, I picked up donuts for breakfast on my way home from the chiropractor. They were just the raised-glazed kind, so how messy could they be, right? Haha....don't ask. Caleb was wearing just a pull-up when I got home (after having an accident in his bed/PJs) so I told him to eat his donut before getting dressed. Halfway through his donut, I walked up to him to check on his "mess" and noticed that he had been wiping his hands on his CHEST!! Sticky glaze all over his mouth, hands, and CHEST! I guess the ultimate question is: why does Caleb use his chest as a napkin and how does that make his hands feel any cleaner?
*Needing new tricks: I am a fond user of the "I'm going to leave without you" trick that all parents use. I use it at the store when Caleb is too busy playing to follow me. I use it at preschool when he is too busy playing to follow me. I use it at home when I am trying to leave and Caleb is too busy playing to follow me. (Do you sense a pattern here?) Caleb has always responded well to this, shouting the predicted "NOOOO!!!" of a child who does not want to be left behind. Well, today I realized that this will no longer work. I announced this morning that we would be going shopping this afternoon---the kids and I. What do I hear from the peanut gallery? Caleb said "You can go shopping by yourself, Mom. Hannah and I will stay here with Jack." I told him that he would be here all by himself because I was going to take Hannah with me. "Okay, I'll stay here by myself." Humph....not the response I was looking for and needless to say, we didn't go shopping. :( Now what trick will I use when Caleb is too busy playing to...oh, you get the idea! :)
I should also take some new pictures of the kids because we brought some toys up from the basement that have both kids' attention constantly. One of the toys is a walker for infants, but it looks like a car. While we told Caleb that the toy is now Hannah's, you can often find him sitting on one side of it, while Hannah is hanging on to the opposite side, dancing to the silly music that it plays. Yes,....Hannah dances now.
Wednesday, September 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I am so excited to see them! They are just adorable! I think you'll have your hands full with Caleb the next few years! :)
Don't you just hate it when they start getting smarter than you??? A lady I work with told me that her son's teacher called her at work today (yeah, uh oh) to ask why she has not responded to the "naughty notes" that she has been sending home with her son. Well . . . she has never seen these notes. Apparently the naughty little guy is discarding them somehow, somewhere between the door and the car. We were all laughing about how smart he must be - and naughty!!!
Caleb's wisdom reminds me so much of Ian when he was little...I had to be a step ahead of him all the time!!! LOL They just get smarter...beware!
Post a Comment