Thursday, September 4, 2008

I love it!!

I love love love fall weather and it's just starting here in MN. Today was in the 60's and it was just wonderful to wear jeans and long-sleeved shirts. I got to pull out the kids' new fall clothes, too, which I always love to do. I'm sure we'll have a few more "shorts days" (since MN weather is a roller coaster!) but for now, I'm loving the coolness. :)

Today we met Caleb's new preschool teachers. He was very nervous and said several times that he wanted to stay home. I talked him into it the way I talk him into most things: I said "We're going to meet MY preschool teachers!" and then Caleb says "No, they're MY preschool teachers!" By that point, he wasn't nervous anymore and the preschool open house was a breeze. After that, we ran some errands. At Target, he talked me into buying some gummy worms for him. We both ate some and by the time we got to the grocery store, there were only two worms left in the bag. (Hey, now, it wasn't a BIG bag!!) We left them in the car, and when we came back out he wanted to eat them. As we drove home, I noticed that he wasn't eating those two lonely worms, but having a conversation with them. (Please note, the worms were "talking" in a slightly higher voice of Caleb's)...

Caleb: Hi, guys! Are you snakes?
Worms: No, we're worms.
Caleb: Oh! Cute! Why are you sad?
Worms: That's why you ate our friends.
Caleb: Oh, no! I ate all of your friends and now they are in my tummy and in my mom's tummy!

(When Caleb says "that's why", he means "because".) I was almost crying because I was trying not to laugh out-loud. He held onto those worms and talked to them for a good 10 minutes. About the time we pulled into our driveway, he took a bite of one of them and said, "Look, Mom! There's protein in this one!"

4 comments:

See The World with Bob and Sue said...

Thanks for letting us in on Caleb's wonderful imagination! After the tea party (blankets) and lilly pad (blankets) we aren't a bit surprised by his creative imagination.

Bob & Sue

The Fritz Facts said...

I love his mind...so full of wonderful ideas and thoughts.

Beth said...

Man, he cracks me up...I have a feeling he and G would plot world takeover....still, I think we should get them together. :)

Anonymous said...

Ha! I laughed to hard. He is so funny! I love all the funny things he says. Hopefully Caleb will be his silly self tomorrow, too! See you then!