Caleb's celebrating with a piece of his "cookie cake":


I got a huge cookie decorated with frosting to use as our "cake" since he'll have his real birthday cake on Saturday at his party. Caleb had a great birthday because he not only got to go and have lunch with Daddy downtown, he also got to go fishing with Daddy. (I secretly think Daddy was enjoying it just as much as Caleb was.) Although he had a great time, he was pretty bummed that there were no friends waiting for him when he first woke up and no birthday cake for breakfast. At least he got the presents that he had been waiting for DAYS to open...
Here is a picture of the presents he was allowed to open on his birthday:

A Mickey Mouse keyboard and a "Cars" golf set from Grandma Sue and Grandpa Bob.
He also had his 3-year check-up at the doctor. 35 pounds and 38.25 inches tall. Pretty normal (75% for both). They asked him all sorts of questions that he answered and then he did a vision and a hearing test. Chris and I were getting a little worried that he got one of the very very small shapes wrong on the vision test, and all of a sudden the doctor put us at ease by saying one thing: "Most three-year olds don't even do the vision and hearing test so Caleb is doing really great." That means that everything is totally fine and we were very proud of him! I think one of the best parts of the morning was learning that Caleb wouldn't need any shots until right before kindergarten. Whew! That was a load off my mind since a screaming child is NOT one of my favorite things....
Of course, Hannah couldn't let the past couple of days go by without doing something new. She started waving and it's pretty hilarious! It also only proves once again that Daddy is her favorite person because she mostly waves to him. (She also would only smile at Daddy when she first learned how to smile and she refuses to say "mama"....only "dada"....) Oh, well! She'll be a "mommy's girl" when she wants to be. :) She also got another tooth---the upper left tooth. It has come in much faster than her lower tooth so you can really see the upper one clearly! My mother-in-law mentioned weeks ago that it looked like Hannah's top teeth were about to pop through and sure enough, she was right! The third thing that Hannah has been doing is pulling up to a standing position. She does this ALL the time now. Mostly on places where she can get a good hand-hold, like her crib or the side of the tub. Yes, I know...we really have to watch her now!!
By the way, the painting is done and it looks fabulous! I love the colors we picked out and I can't wait to decorate in the next couple weeks. Whoo-hoo!
2 comments:
Happy Birthday Caleb!! I love Cookie-cakes. So yummy!!
생일 축하해~(Happy birthday in Korean) : ) I still remember that Torie said to me she got a nephew~
Post a Comment