Today was a low-key day, spent getting everything ready for Caleb's first day of preschool tomorrow. Not his first year of preschool, mind you, (this is his second year) but his first day for the year. I was getting sappy tonight as I packed his swim stuff (yes, he gets to swim at preschool this year---Eeeek!!) and Chris said "Honey, it's only preschool." Yes, it's only preschool, but my baby will not be with me for most of the day. While other parents are experiencing first days of kindergarten and first days of college for their children, I'll tell you that sending them off to preschool still stings a little....
One thing that we did today was take Jack to the groomers. He got into some garbage over the weekend and got sick, and therefore, spent a good chunk of time either outside or in the garage. Let's just say, he really stunk. So, the kids and I took him to get cleaned up. On the way to the store, Caleb found a wood chip on the floor of the truck. Probably, it got dragged in from the landscape of somewhere or some one's garden, but Caleb thought it was so great (for some strange reason). Of course, he started talking to the little wood chip and said to me, "Mom, this is my little friend!" Okaaayyy.... As we were walking into the pet store with Jack, Caleb was lagging behind in the parking lot. I gave him a little scolding about how there are cars driving around and how I didn't want him to get hit by a car. "I would be very sad," I told him. He must have been listening because when I buckled him back into his car seat a few minutes later, he said "My little friend better be careful and not get hit by a car because then I'd be sad!" I couldn't bring myself to explain that his "little friend" is a piece of wood that will get vacuumed off the car floor by his mother tomorrow.... Sorry, Caleb!
You might know that Hannah has gone from crawling to pulling up in about a week's time. Now, just days later, she is walking around furniture. This is all happening waaaaay too fast for me and I can't think of how to make it slow down!! She also crawled up the entire staircase yesterday (with me crawling up right behind her, of course!) She was so proud of herself when she got to the top, which made me all the more nervous that she'd try it again. :p
Monday, September 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Hi Katie,
Caleb says the FUNNIEST things! I wish there had been blogs when Paige and Kyla were little because I remember that they also said things that made me laugh, but now I can't REMEMBER them!
Sarah
Awe! They grow up so fast!
It sounds like they are both growing so fast! A lady I work with is saying the same about her 4.5 year old and 9 month old - I keep telling her to have another baby so she can experience everything all over again - he he he . . . you can tell you hubby that I said that too! :)
Post a Comment