
The above photo was taken this morning before I dropped Caleb off at preschool. I was envisioning him crying as I tried to drop him off, clinging to me and not wanting me to leave. There was none of that. In fact, the "drop off" went so smoothly that I was stunned! We put his backpack in his new cubby, put his lunch bag in the lunch bin, and then I turned to tell him something, and he was gone! He had found the train set in his classroom and was busy putting tracks together with some other kids. I went to hug him and he said "Bye, Mom!" No tears. No clinging. Just happiness and joy. What the heck is that all about? All kidding aside, I was thrilled that he was excited to be at school, especially since he has been asking to "stay home" for days.
Since it was just Hannah and I for the majority of the day, we did two things that we do best: laundry and shopping! (Not at the same time, of course...) We ran errands and relaxed by walking around an outdoor mall that is near us. Then we came home and did some laundry. In all actuality, Hannah is really no help with the household chores. All she wanted to do was nap while I straightened and folded. I'll have to have a talk with her about pulling her own weight around here... j/k
When we picked Caleb up from school this afternoon, his shirt was on backwards, his shoes were on the wrong feet and he had cookie crumbs all over his mouth. He apparently had an awesome day and couldn't wait to tell me how he "swam all over the pool". We promptly headed straight to the local pet store where we purchased these little guys:

Hard to tell what this picture is all about, I know, but in case you can't see them, there are three little Comet Goldfish amongst those colorful rocks. They do not have names yet, but they are the newest addition to our family. We'll call them "Attempt #2" since Daddy brought home two fish last night and we found them "sleeping" in their bowl this morning. Guess we forgot to de-chlorinate the water....Oooops!! This is a learning process for all of us, I guess! We also had to stop at DQ for the much deserved "First Day of School Ice Cream Cone". Caleb wanted chocolate but I wanted him to have vanilla. He won (or should I say, I gave in) and I was amazed at how he didn't spill it all over his lap. I did take the cone from him a couple of times to get it "less drippy" and Caleb gave me the best compliment ever: "Wow, you're really good at licking chocolate ice cream!" :)
2 comments:
You've been tagged! Visit my blog.
-Sarah
Caleb just looks like he's up to no good in that picture. Like maybe he has one of those fish in his hand behind his back. :)
The fish are cute. I miss having fish...but they don't get along with cats real well. Silly instincts!
And that is quite a skill to be good at licking chocolate ice cream. I wonder if you are that good with vanilla. Man, I want a twist cone! :)
Post a Comment