I lied to you all, and for that I apologize. I DID NOT take lots of pictures yesterday like I said I would! :( It's too bad that I didn't because Hannah and Caleb looked so adorable in their green and brown outfits and they coordinated, which never happens around here. I was wearing a new dress and thought I looked pretty okay but since I was behind the camera for the few pictures that were taken, there are none of me. Oh, well! I made Chris promise that we would dress up exactly the same next weekend so we can take a few family pictures. We'll see if that actually happens!! :)
Let me catch you up on why I haven't been blogging for the past couple of days. On Friday night, I had a "girls' night out" with my friend, Ashley, and 5 of her friends. I didn't know the other girls when the night started, but you know how girls have a way of making friends fast! They were all so much fun to hang out with and it was a bonus that we went to one of my favorite restaurants (P.F. Chang's). We also got dessert from the Cheesecake Factory so it was an awesome treat. (I swore I would eat no cheesecake, but I did submit to peer pressure. I am so weak!!)
On Saturday, we pretty much got up and started getting ready for the wedding we had to attend that day. It was the wedding of Chris' cousin and everything was gorgeous! It was held at a church that is 2 hours north of us so we left three hours before the wedding so as not to get there late. I also had to change the kids into their cute outfits when we got there---I was pretty proud of myself for thinking ahead! We only made it through 1/4 of the ceremony due to my screaming 9-month old (screaming out of joy, that is). Chris and Hannah left right away and walked around outside. As soon as they were gone, Caleb whispered to me, "I have to go potty." Uh oh!! I asked him if he could "hold it" but knowing that the wedding was going to be another 45 minutes, I knew it was going to be hard for him. We left during the lighting of the unity candle and found Chris outside. I think the best part of the day was seeing all of Chris' family and just sitting around with them at the reception site. Hannah hung out for most of the time with Grandma Sue and she surprised us a couple times by crying while we were all visiting. Once, she got scared when people were laughing and another time, I think she was confused as to where Mom and Dad were in the mix of all the people. She was so tired and slept almost the whole way home once we left. We didn't stay for the dancing, as Caleb was hoping we would, but he did get to eat a whole piece of cake. Let me tell you, there was not one crumb left on that plate---Caleb loves cake so much!!
Speaking of cake, we have a birthday party to attend this afternoon. It's the 3-year old birthday of one of Caleb's friends. Probably another great photo-opportunity, so I will bring my camera and once again *try* to take some good pics. :P
Sunday, September 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment