Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Park Clean-up---and lots of random stuff...

Today is momentous and goes down in the baby book: Hannah attended her first "park clean-up". She, once again, was no help at all. She wouldn't pick up any garbage and all she wanted to do was sit in the stroller and blah blah blah. :) In case you've never heard of it, I pick up nasty and disgusting trash twice a year at a local park with other MOMS Club members. (We've "adopted" that park.) It's not so bad and this is probably the 7th or 8th time I've done it. Typically, Caleb comes with me, but since he was at preschool, it was just Hannah and me. We were the first ones to arrive at the park and the first ones to leave because "someone" got very crabby and needed a nap. What can I say? I hadn't had my coffee yet! No, it was Hannah who got crabby. I realized at that time that we've entered a whole new phase with Hannah: she won't sleep just anywhere. It's either sleep in the car or sleep in her bed. I have taken for granted her ability to sleep anywhere and Caleb's ability to skip a nap and be just fine, but I guess I'll have to be more careful about our schedule now. I'm not one of those moms who rearranges her schedule for my children's naps, but now, I just might have to....

Here's a picture I took last night of Hannah's crazy hair. It's getting so long that I swear that we'll be able to put it in a pony tail by Christmas...


There were two things that were frustrating for Caleb today:

1. He said that the girl he previously thought was "very beautiful" is "naughty" again. She apparently doesn't share toys with Caleb. In his exact words, he said "Some of my friends won't share toys with me. That's why they're bad."

2. It is very hard for him to understand why his name doesn't begin with the letter "K". All day he has been saying "K is for Caleb!" We explain it time after time and all we've accomplished is that he now thinks his name begins with "C" and "K". Well, he IS only three so I guess we've got time to sort it out... I did ask him today what things start with "A" and he shrugged and said "Just a apple. But "J" is for Jason!" Does he know any Jasons? I have no idea, but he's pretty observant.

On a high note, he has a new hobby, thanks to Uncle Jon:


For the three of you who asked for the home decor pictures that I refused to post yesterday, your wish is granted.
Here is a picture of the dining room centerpiece that I posted about yesterday. (If you've never been to my house, let me explain that I don't actually have a dining set---it's an extra kitchen table....)


This is a picture of my kitchen table centerpiece. I got it last year in Iowa at a cute little store and I like it just as much this year!! :)


(I obviously have some "flash issues" with my camera. Gotta take a photography class!!) :)

4 comments:

Erin Lewis said...

Thanks for the pictures of the center pieces! I think they are both beautiful! I love Hannah's hair - she will be so cute in a ponytail. Maybe side ponytails will be back in style and you can style her hair just like we used to.

Anonymous said...

I love the table settings. I really like the one in the kitchen. Nice picks!

Hannah is so cute! I can't wait for pig tails on her! It will be adorable!

Caleb (with a K)...how funny. But I am sure that is a hard concept for kids that young. And I love Waldo books! They were my favorite!

*gEEns* said...

Thanks for the pics! I love the center pieces. :)

CoolMommy said...

I love your centerpieces...my centerpiece is a pile of scout books, some junk mail, a dirty high chair tray and Ian's backpack. Yours is so much nicer! LOL