Thursday, September 11, 2008

A "Super Great Day"!

Well, day #2 of preschool is officially behind us. The drop-off did not go as smoothly today as it did last Tuesday, however. Caleb seemed to be fine when I first left the room, but silly me stopped to talk to someone in the lobby and found myself with a crying 3-year old attached to my leg before the conversation was over. Ooops! Back into the classroom we went and I was able to kiss him good-bye and pawn him off on one of the teachers. Luckily, he wasn't crying terribly hard, so I knew he would be fine as soon as I was out of sight.

Hannah and I did our "shopping thing" again today, but it wasn't for anything exciting. Just groceries! We got home in time for Hannah to take a good snooze, and that's when I realized that my entire house was a disaster. Toys literally all over the floor (on the whole main level!), dishes piled high in the sink and laundry taking over my mud-room. Blah. Luckily, with both kids out of my hair for a short time, everything took about 1/2 as long to clean up and it was well worth the relief once everything was clean. As an adult, I have found that when things aren't in their place, I get VERY agitated. It happens over time and usually goes away once I get motivated to take care of the issue, but this is a trait of mine that Chris has definitely learned to live with. :)

Back to school we went in the afternoon to get Caleb. He was happy and excited to see us. I asked him if he had a good day and he said "I had a super great day!" There ya go! That's what I like to hear! We headed straight home today (no errands to run, thank goodness) and on the way, Caleb said "Why are we going home? Preschool is a great place to be!" I asked him why he cried when I dropped him off if preschool is such a great place to be. He said "Because I love you." (#1: we've been working on the "because" and #2: what a sweetheart!) My heart melted and I said that I loved him, too. Then Hannah gave a big shout and Caleb said "I love you, too, Hannah." Precious! If every afternoon could be like this one, I'm pretty sure my life would be perfect. :)

3 comments:

Erin Lewis said...

I don't know Katie, it sounds to me like you really do have the perfect life . . . I love reading your stories!

Anonymous said...

That is so sweet! It doesn't surprise me that you have wonderful and sweet kids...they take after their parents! :)

The Fritz Facts said...

Could he be any cuter.

I am so glad that he is having a good time at preschool. Such a wonderful kid he is.