Sunday, October 5, 2008

Another Relaxing Day

Today we didn't get as much done around the house, but we definitely got our "weekend relaxing" done. We went to an old "mom and pop" restaurant for brunch in the town that I grew up in. One of my good friends works there so we surprised her, which was fun since I don't get to see her often. We also drove around the area and then headed over to Minneapolis looking at gorgeous houses on the way. Too many beautiful homes out there! We're still dreaming and we were looking at million-dollar mansions so they are obviously WAY out of our price-range, but it's always fun to see how people do their landscaping, etc. I'd say that it's one thing that Chris and I have in common---we like to drive around on lazy days and look at neat homes. Anyways, we came home just in time for naps (for all but me) and then headed up to Chris' brother's house for Sunday Dinner. It was nice to hang out with that side of the family since we haven't seen them lately and we would have stayed longer but EVERYONE was getting tired. (On a side note, did anyone know that Matt was a good cook? We'll have to remember this for the future....) On the way home, Hannah fell asleep in the car, then woke up crying about 5 minutes before we got home. Chris talked to her to sooth her, saying things like "You're okay, we're almost home." After talking for a minute in a soothing voice, Caleb said (in his most soothing voice), "I'm almost crabby." Well, we'll try not to aggravate THAT, will we? Haha...he wasn't actually crabby but it was nice of him to warn us just in case.

By the way, if you haven't heard by now, you should know that I'm a sucker for fun kid shows. Like, the live ones. We've been to Sesame Street Live two years in a row, plus we went to Walking with the Dinosaurs Live last June and next week we are going to Disney Playhouse Live. See? I'm a sucker. (I secretly love it just as much as Caleb does, I think!) Well, we got a notice for Sesame Street Live in the mail--it's coming to town in early 2009. Freak that I am, I pre-ordered tickets for all of us, including Hannah, and ordered them so early that I got FRONT ROW SEATS! Whoo-hoo! Yep, I'm a dork. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you guys had a nice weekend! We'll have to make some more plans to go diamond shopping one of these days! :)