Monday, October 6, 2008

I don't love you....

Today, Caleb woke up from his nap on the wrong side of the bed. He was super crabby and was throwing little fits for the littlest things. During a "calm time", we were sitting on the couch and I said, "I love you."
Caleb said "But I don't love you."
I said to him, "Why don't you love me? I feed you meals and snacks and wash your clothes. I pick up your toys and wipe your tushy. I give you lots of hugs and kisses. And I've done all of this for the past three years!"
Caleb thought about that for a minute and then said "Oh, so I DO love you!" :p

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How sad! At least he remembered that he DID love you, though! :)

Beth said...

As I think I posted on my last entry, G does the "I don't like Mommy" thing...hard not to take personally, but you know they adore you...