Here are two conversations I had with Caleb today that only prove that I didn't get an A in the "motherhood course"....
1. This morning we were going to go to the Mall of America to walk around and kill time, but instead, we had brunch with my mom. After brunch, I decided it was late enough to go back home instead of going to the mall.
Caleb: "But I want to go to the Mall of America!"
Me: "No, we're going to go home now. We'll have fun at home and be really happy."
Caleb: "But I don't want to be happy. I want to be really sad....at the Mall of America."
Apparently, his emotional well-being takes the back-burner when it comes to walking around the mall...
2. He was having "quiet time" this afternoon but he came out of his room to ask if we could bake cookies. I told him that if he fell asleep and took a good nap then we could make cookies when he woke up. Well, an hour went by and he didn't take a nap. I was lying in my bed when Caleb came in with a couple bandaids. He found them in his bathroom and opened them up, thinking he was pretty cool. They were plain bandaids so he asked if he could have a Sponge Bob one instead. I told him that if he were to lay down and take a snooze right then, that I would not only make those cookies he asked for earlier but give him the bandaid, too. (Way to bribe your child, Katie!) You could probably assume it, but he didn't take a nap then either. I got sick of trying so I got up and was brushing my hair when Caleb asked me what I was doing. I explained that since he wasn't going to take a nap, we were going to go downstairs. Do you know what the child said to me? "So, I win!" Those were his exact words!! The 3-year old is on to me....I better learn some new tricks fast!! :p
Monday, October 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hahaha! This is so funny! He just cracks me up. I guess you are going to need to learn some new tricks. Caleb is one smart cookie! :)
Post a Comment