Friday, October 10, 2008

Creative Kidstuff

Today had it's highs....and it's lows. I have been looking forward to today all week because we had the coolest thing planned. We went to our local Creative Kidstuff store and had the kids' silhouettes cut out by a silhouette artist. It was such a neat thing and they turned out really well.


(I used the flash, so this picture has a reflection. You can still see the silhouettes just fine---Hannah is on the left and Caleb is on the right.)

It took about 15 minutes to get the pictures framed at the store, so we waited around and I got some Christmas ideas for the kids. They have train tables and other toys for kids to play with while we were waiting, so Caleb, of course, went straight for the train and car tables in the back of the store. All of a sudden, he stopped playing and looked like he was concentrating really hard. I asked him if he had to go potty, but it was too late. There was literally a growing puddle coming out of his pant-leg and onto the carpet right in the store. AAAAHHHHHH! After LOTS of apologizing to the workers at the store, and after explaining to Caleb that he would have to sit in wet pants until we got home, I left with our silhouettes and a WAILING child. Seriously, I haven't seen Caleb cry so hard in years---he was so angry that I didn't bring extra pants for him and also that I wouldn't let him have any of the candy that he bought at the store. I guess this is the embarrassment that the other parents of 3-year olds have warned me about....

No comments: