Thursday, October 9, 2008

Takin' Care of Business!

We got so much done today! I feel like it's 9pm and it's only 6pm. (I love that feeling!) After we dropped Caleb at preschool, Hannah and I ran TONS of errands. My list had piled up and there were so many things our family needed, like new shoes for Chris, some specific craft things for me, plus a huge trip to the grocery store and Target. Chris surprised us by calling right before we were going to pick-up Caleb and said that he was at home. It was a GREAT surprise for Caleb for Daddy to pick him up---it was almost the highlight of his day. Why "almost"? I'll get to that in a minute...
When we got home, Chris got his "stuff" done: he brought 720 pounds of junk to the junk yard. Needless to say, our garage looks nice and orderly, which is such a nice feeling!! On the way home from the junk yard, Chris found a new "tractor supply" store that had just opened. They happened to be selling their display model of a Power-Wheels 4-Wheeler for half-price, which is just the right price for us!


Caleb and Daddy rode all over the yard until the battery wore out (Caleb driving, Daddy chasing). I don't know which "kid" had more fun---Caleb was shouting "Yee-Haw!!!" the whole time and Chris was giggling like a school-girl. Okay, not quite like a school-girl...more like a Dad who is REALLY enjoying his child's toys!! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How fun! I think I'm a bit jealous of Caleb (or Chris') new toy! :)