Saturday, October 11, 2008

Guess who's crabby today???

ME!! I just needed another hour of sleep this morning but no extra time was given to me, so I made due with what I had: coffee. Unfortunately, the new coffee maker that we got a couple of weeks ago decided to break this morning. Just my luck. It didn't brew the whole pot that it was supposed to but I did get one cup out of it. Still not enough to make me a happy-camper, but I got through it. There were three things that helped me get into a better mood during the day:

1. A nap in the afternoon. It took Hannah almost an hour to fall asleep for her regular nap and Caleb wouldn't sleep at all. I got so frustrated with Caleb that I put him in his bedroom and told him not to come out---and he didn't for over an hour! I listened to him play and Hannah talk to herself and ended up dozing for a half hour. It was pure bliss and it really helped my mood!!

2. Hannah's happy face. She is the silliest little girl ever. I tell you, if you smile at her just once, she will give you a grin that will light up your world and she'll tell you a big story in baby-talk. Too cute!!!

3. Caleb's goofy antics. A few days ago, he was saying "I want" this and "I want" that while he was watching TV. We had a good talk about how some kids don't have any toys, but he has so many toys already and he is a very lucky boy. We said that closer to Christmas, Caleb could pick out some toys at the toy store to give to the children that don't have any toys. Hard concept for a 3-year old to imagine (not having any toys) but I think he got the picture. All day today, he's been saying "I don't want my toys anymore. I want to give them away to the kids who don't have any." He has said this about 5 times today. In fact, he just put a bunch of his toys in a pile outside of his playroom and that's his "give away" pile. I don't know if I am raising a very thoughtful child....or one that really knows how to get some new toys. :)

Chris is golfing today, which is why it's just the kids and me. Otherwise, I would have a little break to clear up my crabby mood. I hope it's gone for good! :p

1 comment:

Erin Lewis said...

I have not had a chance to keep up with your blog this past week - probably has something to do with bringing a new baby home from the hospital. You could have warned me it was going to be so crazy!!!