I didn't get a chance to post last night because we were ALL exhausted when we got home. Last night, we went to the Xcel Energy Center in St. Paul and saw "Playhouse Disney Live", which was a live performance of 4 combined Disney shows. All 4 shows are cartoons (including a Mickey Mouse show) and I think Disney did a great job of keeping the kids entertained for the hour and a half that we were there. The costumes were great and they had all the original characters' voices so it was very true to the cartoons. I'd love to say that Caleb had the best time but I'm afraid it was his little sister who had the time of her life. Don't get me wrong--Caleb was enthralled throughout the entire show. However, it was Hannah who was hooting and hollering the whole time. In the beginning, they ask everyone to shout the "magic words" so we were all shouting very loud. Hannah took this as an invitation to start SCREAMING so as soon as everyone stopped yelling, you could hear "DADADADA" being shouted at the top of Hannah's lungs!! She was pretty wiggly throughout the whole show and got tired towards the end, but thank goodness we thought to pack her night-time bottle because that was the one thing that settled her down.
I did not get any good pictures because I brought our "little camera" and I hate that thing. It never wants to work for me in "live performance" situations and I should have known better than to grab that camera as we left the house. Here is a doctored-up picture of Daddy with the kids as we were leaving:

Notice that both kids are in their PJs. We got the brilliant idea awhile back (from my friend, Stacey) to change the kids into their pajamas before heading home so they could fall right asleep in the car. How slick!
As I've mentioned before, I'm a sucker for the light-up toys. I vowed not to buy a light-up, spinney toy since we have a million, but we just couldn't pass up the light-up "conductor's wand" from the Little Einsteins, which is one of Caleb's favorite shows. Here is a picture of him today in the car with his wand:

All in all, we had a great time and we can't wait for Sesame Street Live in January. That show will be a whole new experience for us, since we've got front row tickets for the first time. Sweet!
1 comment:
How fun. We have a friend who works for Sesame Street Live. It cracks me up that you guys have front row seats! :)
Post a Comment