Wednesday, October 22, 2008

He just wants EVERYTHING!

Due to Caleb's fever yesterday (he's feeling better today) and my want to get all of our flu shots done tomorrow, the kids and I are staying home today. It's a great day to be home with the fireplace on and the coffee pot brewing because it's rainy and gross outside! Anyway, every time I turn on the TV, the toys ads are blaring at us, telling me that Christmas really is right around the corner. As I've mentioned before, Caleb says that he wants everything he sees on TV. So far today, he's wanted an age-appropriate elephant game, followed by a Barbie princess pony thing and finally a video game obviously meant for a 10-year old. I've stopped explaining to him why he can't have all of those toys. He really doesn't care that it's too old for him or something we would much rather give to his sister, he just really wants...well...everything. (Typical 3-year old, I'm thinking.) Late this morning, he once again said "I want that!" and I said my usual line "Maybe Santa will bring it for you" but this time I added "and even if Santa doesn't bring that for you, I'm pretty sure you'll like what he brings for you instead."
Without missing a beat, Caleb said "Yep! Because I want everything!" He pretty much summed it up right there. :)

No comments: