Okay, most of you think that I'm pretty crazy right now and you're probably wondering why I bought a doll. Is it for Hannah? Nope, it's for me! It's a "Samantha" doll from the American Girl Collection. I read the American Girl books way back when I was little and I always wanted a Samantha doll because she was my very favorite "American Girl". These dolls are pretty expensive when you think about giving them to a little girl to play with (which is what they are really for) so my parents never bought one for me. It is the toy that I always figured I would get "someday" just to appease my inner-child. Well, that "someday" ended up coming sooner than I thought it would. I received an American Girl catalog in the mail the other day (by chance) and as I paged through it, I found out that the Samantha doll is being DISCONTINUED at the end of this year. I think I actually started to cry, seeing my childhood dream disappear before my eyes. I asked Chris if he would please please please buy one for me for Christmas and to my delight and surprise, he said "Order it!" An early Christmas present for me and I really did start crying after I ordered it. It arrived by UPS today (yes, it was super fast---two days from order to doorstep and I didn't even ask for faster shipping) and I think the UPS guy thought I was a few grapes short of a fruit basket because I was basically standing right by the door waiting for him to arrive. Totally worth it! Thanks, Honey!!
P.S. Did anyone know that these dolls are not recommended for children younger than 8-years old?!?! Whoa!!
4 comments:
You are so funny! I am glad you got your Samantha doll, though. She was my favorite, too. I remember reading those books all the time when I was younger! Happy early Christmas! :)
That is a really cute doll! Did you like her the most because she looks the most like you? I love her outfit, I wish I had one like it!! :)
I (Stef) wrote that last comment, not Jon!! I need to change our name for posts, because he will probably never post a comment.
I am so jealous!
Post a Comment