Tuesday, October 21, 2008

I'm Ba-ack!!

Okay, I know I've been "gone" for awhile, but I'm back now! Where did I go, you wonder? First, we went up to Lancaster and visited Chris' grandparents. Lancaster is a little town in northwestern MN that is about 10 miles south of the Canadian border, so it's WAY up there! :) We were gone from Thursday until Sunday (and honestly, I was too exhausted to blog on Sunday night!). The guys (and little girls) had a great time out at the hunting cabin, getting ready for the upcoming deer hunting season. I spent my time at Grandma's house with "Wiggly Worm Hannah" who was VERY interested in opening cabinet doors and getting into Grandma's fireplace (which wasn't on, but was still very intriguing to her). She actually learned how to say the word "Nononono" because I said it so many times to her. By the end of the weekend, she would crawl up to the fireplace and shake her head before touching it.

Here is a picture of Chris and Caleb on the Ranger. I "stole" this picture from Sarah, with her permission, of course! :)


(For the record, I am a big liar. I said I would take lots of pictures, but I never even took my camera out of the bag! I'm just lazy!)

Anyways, it was a great trip and I think the person (or animal) that had the best time was Jack. He was so thrilled to be on the road with us and then hanging out at his favorite place: the hunting cabin/land. We were sad to leave Lancaster and all the fun, but it was time to get home and get ready for the week. The 7 hour drive went very well on Sunday, but it's crazy how exhausted I was just from sitting in the car. And I didn't even drive! Once again, I think I'm just lazy... :p

Yesterday and today, I have spent most of my time unpacking and doing laundry. All I have to say is: Man! Those guys really got dirty while putting up the deer stands! Not to mention, my husband disclosed that he rode the dirt bike in the MUD----Nice! Who does his laundry, I wonder? j/k
Caleb was back to preschool this morning and I'm sorry to say that the "drop off" did not go very well. He actually cried when I left (not hard but enough to make my heart hurt a little bit). Upon laying eyes on him in the afternoon, I could tell that something was wrong. He looked like he was about to crash. All the teachers told me that he just wasn't himself today and that he didn't eat even a bite of lunch. I felt his forehead and sure enough, he had a low-grade fever. There were tears of a sick child as we drove home (and canceled our afternoon plans). Caleb fell asleep and slept until this evening. The fever is lingering so this might mean a trip to the doctor tomorrow and putting off our flu shots that we were supposed to get on Thursday. Oh, well! I have to wait to get stuck with a needle? Darn! *wink!*

On a random note, today when I would tell Hannah "no", all she would do is wave at me! Who taught her this? Fess up! ;)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are such a picture slacker! :) Just kidding! At least you can steal pictures from people. :)

*gEEns* said...

I was starting to wonder where you were. Glad you are back!!!