Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Yucky Day

Today was a really yucky day---weather-wise. We woke up to pouring rain and a dark sky, which was nice because it made both kids sleep in until 8am. While I would have liked to stay in bed and relax all day, it was Caleb's preschool day so we had to get going. It was raining cats and dogs, but that didn't stop me from carting Hannah all over the cities while Caleb was in school. My list of errands was huge and I knew that I couldn't get it all done, but I decided to go to all the stores that were not nearby my house. I went to the post office, for starters, then Ikea, then took a break and let Hannah sleep in the car for 30 minutes before lunch with my friend, Ashley. After lunch, we went to Crate and Barrel and then walked around a little mall to kill some time. I got a Christmas gift for Caleb that I couldn't get at a regular store and that only set me off---I had to hold myself back from doing more Christmas shopping at that point. (Yes, I'm still excited for Christmas!!!) I settled myself down by getting an early birthday present for my sister-in-law (yes, Stef, this means YOU!). Ugh...I love getting gifts for people. At Pottery Barn Kids, we found a banana Halloween costume and Ashley said that I should get it for Hannah, since we call her "Hannah Banana". They only had older childrens' sizes and it was pretty pricey so I didn't get it, but that would be a funny costume to get for her in future years. Banana...I would have never thought of that on my own!!
Anyways, we decided to leave and it was STILL raining but Hannah and I mozied back toward Caleb's preschool. We both got drinks at Caribou (mine coffee, hers hot water for her formula) and then ran to the grocery store. I just have to mention something about the grocery store: it is a magnet for people who like to "ooh" and "aah" over Hannah. Seriously, at least 10 people stop and talk to me about Hannah every time I go into any grocery store. I am not lying one bit---borrow her and find out for yourself! :) Everyone loves to gush over her red hair and big blue eyes and when she smiles at them, all of the people melt. The other day, a lady said "Oh, what a big boy! Look at his red hair!!" I didn't correct her and say that Hannah is a GIRL---she should have known since Hannah was decked out in an outfit with flowers all over it. Then today, someone stopped me and talked to Hannah for a full minute. That's a long time when you're just trying to get your shopping done! I'm flattered that everyone thinks my daughter is adorable and I'm getting really good at "small talk" but it's pretty funny when we get stopped so many times.
Just looking outside, it doesn't look like the rain is going to stop anytime soon. This means we can stay in and have a cozy evening with the kids. It also means WET DOG. :p

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooh! A persent for me? I feel special!! You can get a present for me anytime if it helps you settle down. :)

Carrie said...

mmm. .love that WET DOG smell. . .you know what's even better!?!?! TWO WET DOGS smell!!

:)