He said, "Look, Mom! I'm having two babies! They're in my tummy!" I went along with the charade and "felt" his tummy, commenting on how the "babies" were very pokey. (They were actually toy cars and tractors.) He said that he wanted to put his "babies in a safe nest" so he proceeded to empty his shirt into a basket on the floor. I said "Oh, how nice!! Look! This one looks just like you!" as I picked up one of the "newly delivered" tractors.
"No, Mom!! That's just a tractor!" Thank goodness...I don't particularly want my grandchildren to have wheels...
Caleb has been full of funniness in the past week. Some of the new things he is saying include:
-"Okey-Dokey, Artichokey!"
-"Want me to blow your mind?" when he's going to do something really amazing.
-And he's using the word "tumbled" a lot...
We've been working on having "quiet time" instead of a nap each day since getting him down for naps have turned into a wrestling match again. The first day it was awesome---he didn't come out of his room for over an hour. The second day we tried it, it was pouring rain. I put Hannah down for a nap, Caleb in his room, then I went to lay down because I had a headache. Caleb came trotting into my room about 20 minutes later and climbed into bed with me. "Don't worry, Mom. I'll keep you safe," he said. It was so cute! I told him that he couldn't talk if he was going to be in my room because I had a headache. He patted my head and said "I'll make it all better", then he rolled over and fell asleep! Sweet! It was a bonus nap that I was quite grateful for.
Hannah is still the fastest crawler in town but she is also working on her balancing skills. Yesterday, she stood on her own without holding onto anything for a couple of seconds. I think it was a fluke---she didn't even realize that she wasn't holding onto anything---but maybe she'll start learning to stand on her own pretty soon. I put her on the floor (standing next to a table) at Caleb's preschool the other day and told Caleb to watch her for a second. You should have seen the proud look on his face as a couple of little girls from his class came over to play with Hannah. He cradled her a little bit and said "This is my little sister." The little girls said "She's really cute!" and all hugged Hannah at the same time. Hannah wasn't phased one bit by all the attention but Caleb really felt like a rock star! I guess he knows what "tricks" will reel in the ladies, huh? :)
No comments:
Post a Comment