Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Knight in Shining Armor


Here is a picture of me with my knight in shining armor. (Picture courtesy of our wonderful friend, John.)

I often call Chris "my hero" and he really is my hero for more reasons than one. One example of how he is my hero is that he comes to my rescue whenever I need him. For example, when I get stuck in the garage and call him crying to get me out. The short version goes like this: During the day when Chris is at work, I like to park the Tahoe in the middle of the garage, rather than scrunching it over to the side. Let me first mention that our garage door doesn't like me and I'm starting to return the favor. The pull-down cord on the garage door likes to get tangled in the top rack of our truck, which is just what it did today. This pulls the cord down and puts the garage door in "manual mode" so you can't put it up or down electronically. No biggie---I normally push the door up or down if this happens and Chris fixes it when he gets home. Today, however, when I pushed the door up so I could pull the truck out, I failed to notice that the garage door slid back down part of the way. I continued to pull the truck out and stopped only when I heard a huge "crunch" sound. I hit the door hard enough to leave a dent in it AND hard enough to push it off the track. It was stuck and I couldn't push it up or pull it down one inch. The Tahoe was stuck in the garage and I couldn't leave to run errands or pick up Caleb. I called my busy husband and by the time he answered the phone, I was crying. I said "You're gonna be mad at me" which is always a great way to start a conversation! Luckily, he wasn't mad (it was an accident, after all) but he warned me that next time I call him crying, I should start the conversation by saying "Both kids are fine." (I must have given him quite a heart attack at first!) Well, needless to say, my hero left work to come home and rescue me, as I was hoping he would. I think I just have bad luck with garage doors....

5 comments:

Beth said...

I had a garage door incident of my own a couple years ago. I was so thankful for a kind and gentle hubby then too.

*gEEns* said...

I too have had garage/car run ins. I took the trim off the edge of our garage with the side of my car. OOPS. Hunter had to replace the whole right side of the garage trim. :)

Jon and Stefanie said...

Very cute picture of you two! I also probably would have started crying!

Anonymous said...

What an adorable picture! I am glad to hear the damage wasn't too bad!

Carrie said...

awesome pic of you guys!

:)