Friday, October 3, 2008

A "Trying" Day

Well, today wasn't the best day ever. The morning started out fine, but then around lunchtime, Caleb turned on his ability to be a HUGE PILL!! The first thing he did was pee all over the floor. This requires a bit of explaining so please allow me to do so. Caleb's newest phase is not a fun one. He has decided lately that playing or watching TV (or whatever else he is doing at the time) is more important than running to the bathroom. It gets to the point where he has to go pretty badly, so he usually starts to walk over to the bathroom and then, before getting into the bathroom, he pees all over the floor!! It doesn't phase him one bit---he hollers "Hey, Mom! Clean up my mess!" Well, the first few times, we assumed these were legitimate accidents. As it turns out, he is doing it on purpose. It's not that he can't walk the extra two feet and make it into the bathroom, he just really wanted to pee right on the floor at that time. SO AGGRAVATING!!! After peeing on the floor today, I actually banned him from watching television until further notice, since it was "Curious George" that prohibited him from going to the restroom when I first asked him to go. His real punishment was that he had to take a nap in his bed, rather than Mom and Dad's bed, and Mommy was NOT going to lay in his room with him. (If you're wondering, we do not lay with him at night---he goes to bed by himself. Why, then, is it so hard for him to lay in his room by himself in the middle of the day? Who knows....) This was the ultimate consequence in Caleb's mind and he was very angry about it. Well, I probably don't have to tell you that he actually didn't fall asleep and when he came out of his room, there were even more antics to be had!!

The next thing he did occurred after his "nap". I had calmed down from the "peeing" occurrence and told him that he could play with his toys. He chose to draw on his white board, which is located in the corner of our sun room. Now, I was standing 10 feet away (in the kitchen) so it's not like he was alone or anything. He was being awfully quiet, but he's been really good at concentrating on art projects lately, so I assumed he was creating a wonderful masterpiece or something. WRONG!!


In his words, he was "decorating his whole body for the Easter Bunny". Just to let you know, white board markers wash off WAY better than any other kind of marker. If this would have been Sharpie, I probably would need to be carted off to the insane asylum because I would have gone crazy!! Luckily, the one good part of it is that there is no permanent damage, however, I threw the markers away so there will be no more "white board pictures" any time soon. :p

To add to the chaos, Hannah has learned how to turn on the dishwasher and also how to open cupboard doors. She particularly likes to open the pantry cupboard where the Cheerios are right on the bottom so she can reach them. We used to have child-locks on those doors, but they broke off and we didn't seem to need them for awhile since Caleb was getting older. I guess it's time get more locks because Hannah has already gotten the hang of it.

1 comment:

Beth said...

Okay...just remember how you felt in the Tahoe yesterday...I have to tell you that his Easter bunny explanation made me laugh out loud. I'm sure at the moment the frustration was high, but MAN that is funny. Hang in there...