Yesterday, Chris was on the computer and he said to me, "Do you realize you haven't blogged since Thursday??" Yes, I'm behind again, I know, but I have a really good excuse: I was busy! :) Here's how my days have broken down:
Friday: The kids and I went to Pump It Up (an indoor play area with inflatable Moonwalks and slides) and it was so fun. We love that place! That night, I went to my cousin-in-law, Carrie's, for a Pampered Chef party. I went there saying that I would not buy anything (if you saw my kitchen, you'd know why), but of course, I ended up buying stuff. Oh, well! I'm a sucker for new kitchen products!!
Saturday: We had a lazy morning, which our family is really good at, then went and cut down our Christmas tree. We didn't get it decorated before the evening when my in-laws came over to watch the kids while Chris and I went on a date. We saw a movie---which we never get to do so it was awesome!!---and then had some appetizers and wine at Axel's Bonfire. It was so nice to go out with my husband since we never get as many dates as we would like. Thanks, Bob and Sue!! When we got home, Caleb came running down the stairs since he wasn't asleep yet. It was already 9pm, but after my in-laws left, we decided to let him stay up so he could *help* us put on the Christmas tree lights and a few ornaments. And eat a couple chocolate chip cookies. Bad, parents! Bad!! ;)
Sunday: We went to my in-laws' house and made lefse. (Read the previous post for details.) It was a great time! I also did something that I've never done before: I purchased lutefisk. I love lutefisk and since we're having Christmas at our house this coming Saturday, lutefisk is a MUST!! It is currently thawing in my fridge. No, you may not have some....it's all for me!!!
Today (Monday): More fun with the kids. We went to an indoor play place but only stayed for about 45 minutes because it got really busy while we were there. As we were walking out the door, I let Caleb push the handicap-openers for the doors (so I could push the stroller through). One of the doors shut just as an older man was about to walk through. He said to Caleb, in a joking way, "Did you close that big door all by yourself?" Caleb looked at him shyly and didn't answer, so the man and I both kind of chuckled. Then, well within ear-shot of that man, Caleb said (in a really growly voice), "I shut that big door all by myself and TRAPPED that man inside!!!" I looked at the man apologetically, and luckily, he thought Caleb was being funny rather than rude!! :)
All in all it has been a super busy, but super fun, past few days!! :)
Monday, November 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
You are crazy to like lutefisk! I remember my mom making me eat it at grandma's house at Christmas - it would make me gag!!! What is wrong with those tastebuds up in Minnesota??? I have managed to live in the south without acquiring a taste for fried things and "greens" too! Although Kevin said that he has tried fried oreos and twinkies and I just might fall in love with those!
Sounds like you had a bunch of fun!
Post a Comment