Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Climber #2

Many of you know that Caleb started walking at the age of 9.5 months. At that time, he also started climbing---on EVERYTHING! He really gave Chris and I a run for our money and we were in constant "alert mode". He would climb up the front of the oven so we had to take the drawer below our oven out. He would climb onto chairs so he could get onto all the tables in the house. The coffee table went in the basement for awhile because he would sit on it all day long if we let him. Anyways, Hannah is not walking yet, but just today, I noticed her advanced climbing skills. She climbed ON TOP of her car seat: imagine an infant seat upside-down...that's what she climbed on top of. At playgroup today, she climbed on top of a children's picnic table. It is reminding me how I always need to keep my eye on her, which is hard to remember since she has been such an easy child up to this point! :) (I will try to get a picture of her in action, but I'm usually running to make sure she doesn't fall on her head!!)

Hannah also has another new trick: when she's eating a snack (i.e. Cheerios, etc.) in her high chair, she throws all the Cheerios on the floor as if she doesn't want them, shouts to be let out of her high chair, then sit on the floor and stuffs all the Cheerios into her mouth. I might as well start feeding her right on the floor--forget the hassle of putting her a high chair and making sure everything is clean and sanitary...

Caleb is up to his usual tricks and funny things but something interesting started today. He woke up this morning and immediately asked Chris if he remembered driving the Ranger "over that big bear and then turning around and going home". Well, we figured out that he had a vivid dream about this but the funny thing is that Caleb thought it really happened. Unfortunately, he must have my "realistic dream" gene so we had to explain to him that dreams may seem real, but that situation didn't really happen. He literally asked us all day if we remembered driving over the big bear and we explained over and over that it was a dream. Confusing for a 3-year old, as most things are, I suppose. I can't wait to see what he dreams about tonight!

1 comment:

Erin Lewis said...

It must be a Scovill family trait because my mom and I have very realistic dreams too. I sometimes dream that Kevin did something I didn't want him to do and I wake up angry with him . . .poor guy!