Sunday, November 9, 2008

Slight Change of Plans....

What a BIG weekend we all had!! It was one that all of us had been looking forward to ALL year. Literally, this weekend is a set weekend on my calendar every year: Deer Hunting Season Opener (for Chris), Weekend at Grandma Gloria's (for the kiddos) and Scrapbooking Weekend (for me). The plans have been set for at least 10 months and it was going to be great. Things got a little topsy-turvy on Thursday, however. Chris was all packed to go up to Lancaster with his dad, but they knew that it was going to be snowing very heavy up there as they were driving. They finally decided to cancel the deer hunting weekend. You heard it here, folks! The men decided to NOT hunt! I thought it was a practical joke that Chris was playing on me, but it turned out to be the truth. Although it wasn't a joke, I did start laughing when he suggested that I cancel my weekend plans and we nix the baby-sitter for the kids. NO WAY!! I told him that he could hang around all he wanted, but my girls were STILL coming over and the kids were STILL going to Grandma's. So, off they went on Friday, off Jack went to the kennel, and as it turns out, off Chris went to Treasure Island with his brothers. He got to have some "guy time" after all, which helped his feeling of being out of place for the weekend. :) The girls and I ("the girls" being Sandy, Sarah, Ashley and Brittney) had a GREAT time working on our scrapbooks and making a few cards. Chris couldn't believe how much stuff we had altogether. (We won't tell him that the girls left most of their stuff at home. Can you imagine?!?! This is why I need a whole room for my craft stuff....)

Just a few pics of the scrapbookers:

Stuff....


Stuff....


And....more stuff!! (All of this was only a small part of our junk!)


Ashley and I working hard:


All in all, it turned out to be a great weekend despite the change of plans. We didn't have any room in our freezer for any deer meat this year anyways, so it's probably a good thing. ;)

1 comment:

CoolMommy said...

Oh SUREEE Honey, I'll cancel my plans too...RIGHT! Too funny! I'm doing a scrapbooking weekend in January...so excited to get stuff done!