This weekend was JAM-PACKED, to say the least. Yesterday (Saturday), I held my annual Christmas Card Workshop where people can come over and make their own cards. It's always so much fun and this year was no exception. We had a great group of ladies and my aunt even came all the way up from Iowa to make some cards, too! Since she was in the area and since she just turned 50-years old, my mom (her sister) and I planned an AWESOME girls' getaway for us three and also for my sister-in-law. The four of us stayed in a hotel over-night and vegged-out with a chick flick and yummy treats. (The time change was in our favor since we stayed up till almost 1am!!) We woke up, had a great breakfast, and then my mom and I surprised Deb and Stef with a spa day. We all had facials and massages and it was BLISSFUL!!
Where was the rest of my family, you might be asking? Well, my oh-so-wonderful husband stayed home with the kiddos. I didn't realize that it was his first time sleeping over alone with the kids until I called after the spa day and he was very short on the phone with me. As it turns out, Chris now VERY much appreciates all that I handle during the day and all that I do around the house. He also now understands why I'm not the most chipper person some days when he gets home from work. :)
The girls lingered a little bit after the spa time and ended up going out for lunch as well. (Thanks, Deb!) We made it home in time for me to throw some nice clothes on my family and rush up to my in-laws for our weekly Sunday dinner. This week we were going to take a big family picture as well, so we really wanted to get there on time!! :) (It turned out very well--I'm sure you'll see the picture closer to Christmas!)
That pretty much sums it up but here is the news that you have all been waiting for:
Please check out Brianna Gray's Blog and see a few of the wonderful pictures she was able to get of our family last week. Thank you, Bri!! I'm so glad that at least one family picture turned out!! :)
Sunday, November 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
It sounds like you had a great time! What fun!
I had a great time on Saturday and I just LOVE the pictures. :)
Post a Comment