Monday, November 3, 2008

Two Talkers

Nothing too interesting to write about today. It was a great day to catch up on cuddle time with the kids, however, Caleb is currently having a tantrum in his bedroom and this makes me want to go away for the weekend again. ;) I did start my Christmas shopping today (hello, Internet, you wonderful invention!) and I can't be stopped now! In all actuality, I love picking out things that I think my family and friends will love and I think I succeeded with a few things today. Whoo-hoo!

Also today, I noticed that, although Hannah doesn't speak real words, she talks as though she is really trying to tell us something. She has so much expression in everything she says and it makes me wish that I could understand her! :) Of course, we can understand everything that her older brother says and today it was NON-STOP TALKING! Wherever did these children get their gift of gab? (Don't answer that!) Normally, I am very interested in all they have to say, but as Hannah gets older, they are so good at playing off each other. One of them will say something in a funny way and the other will chime in. As I said before, Hannah can't talk like you and I, but she'll get the rhythm and tone of whatever her brother said and repeat it over and over. She also gets very "sing-songy" with her conversations which also must come from her brother and all of the singing he does around here. As Chris always says, "In about a year, this is going to be a VERY noisy household...."

No comments: