Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Laugh

I had a couple of pictures to post tonight but I can't get on the computer that I need to get on, so you'll have to check out the pictures tomorrow. (Boo-hoo, I know!) Without showing you the pictures, I can tell you that Hannah and Caleb have had Chris and I laughing so hard the past couple of days. These kids are little clowns and our household is certainly full of laughter these days. Here are a few things that made us laugh:

1. Whenever I put Hannah in her car seat, she looks at herself in the mirror (that's on the back of the seat) and smiles so big. It's like she's saying "Hello, Gorgeous!" every time she gets in the car!

2. Hannah loved the snow today. It was falling fast and was switching between big chunky flakes and little pelts of sleet. Every time we had to walk to or from a store outside, she would laugh super hard as the snow was hitting her in the face. I couldn't help but laugh with her! It's especially addicting because she is really good at wrinkling up her nose when she smiles and laughs. It's so cute!

3. Hannah got a new car seat today because she is too big for her infant seat. We set the car seat up in the house before Chris installed it in the car. The whole time it was in the house, Hannah was crawling all over it. It not only passed the "comfort test" for Hannah---it also passed her "taste test". She thinks the seat belts on it taste delicious!!

4. Caleb has been *trying* to tell jokes. I say "trying" because he only gets halfway through the joke before he bursts out laughing. I thought I'd teach him a funny joke yesterday, and our conversation went something like this:
Me: Knock Knock!
Caleb: Who's there?
Me: Lettuce!
Caleb: (laughing hysterically)
Apparently, the idea of lettuce knocking on a door is so hilarious to a three-year old, that he doesn't even need to hear the punch-line of the joke!

5. Caleb fell asleep in the car on the way home from preschool today so I carried him up to his bed when we got home. He woke up just long enough to say "I want to stay downstairs! I want to be downstairs for a few hours!", start crying and then fall right back into a deep sleep. It caught me off guard when he fell right to sleep again instead of continuing his argument but I was grateful that I didn't have to listen to him cry for more than half a second!! How kids can half-wake-up and have a conversation with you before passing out again is beyond me!

Well, those are just a few cute things that the kids have be up to. Hannah has been helping me get my Christmas shopping done, slowly but surely, so Christmas has REALLY been on my mind these days. Plus, it's snowing right now so that helps the holiday mood. Let's just hope that tomorrow's weather is a little nicer than today was---SLEET is NOT my favorite thing. Especially when it's pelting my ears as I try to buckle a squirmy 3-year old into his car seat. :)

No comments: