
In the past two days, Hannah has learned how to feed the dog (drop food from her tray on purpose and watches intently as Jack eats it off the floor) and Caleb has learned how to climb over the gate that we keep at the bottom of the stairs. We got a new one and it's much shorter than the other one we had. It's nice for the adults because it's super easy to climb over, but now it doesn't keep the stairs "off-limits" for the 3-year old. That's okay, I decided, because we're keeping more and more toys up in his bedroom and he should be allowed to go play with them when he wants to, don't you think?
Hannah is also talking very deliberately lately. It really sounds like she is trying to have conversations with us and I really wish I could understand what she is saying. Caleb is a little more hopeful: she was jabbering away earlier today and Caleb shouted "She said my name!" He ran over and gave her the biggest hug and he was so proud of her---it was so cute! It didn't sound to me like she was saying "Caleb" but I wouldn't be surprised if Caleb can understand her better than the rest of us! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment