Saturday, December 27, 2008

Christmas Shopping

You're probably looking at the title of this and saying "Christmas is OVER!" True, true, but it's already time to get ready for NEXT Christmas! Okay, maybe I'm a little on the early side but I just couldn't help myself. We ventured out to Target the day after Christmas because we needed a few things. Good thing it was warm outside ("warm" being over 30 degrees) because we had to park in the WAY back of the lot. I couldn't figure out why it was so busy until I realized that all of the left-over Christmas stuff was 50% off. Now it all makes sense! We didn't get any Christmas decor for next year---just boring stuff. But, when I got home, I was definitely in the mood to do some 2009 Christmas shopping. As it turns out, one of my favorite stores was having a huge sale and a jewelry box that I wanted to get Hannah was over 40% off. I could have it personalized and everything! I just had to get it, so YES, I have already ordered a Christmas gift for 2009. I had better start looking for a really great hiding spot for the gifts since I'm sure both of my kids will be more savvy about finding gifts by next year! Any ideas or "mommy tricks" I should know about? :)

1 comment:

Beth said...

Um....hide them at someone ELSE'S house?? Oh, and write down in your planner or whatever where it is that you hid them...cause, well...a mommy brain can forget things like that...not that I speak from, um, experience or anything...