*We finally ordered a new bed! I talked Chris into a "Sleep Number" bed since have both been having back problems lately. We've been talking about it for months and we finally made the plunge tonight. That was our original reason for going to the mall (so Chris could test them out and fall in love with them like I have!) and we weren't about to call off our new bed shopping just because of a little snow. Or because of frigid temperatures. Or because of crabby children. I was NOT letting Chris off the hook with this one, if you can't tell! :)
*We ate at the Rainforest Cafe for dinner which is always a favorite place for us. This time, however, Hannah was scared of the robot monkeys and other animals that surrounded us. We just couldn't calm her down enough to enjoy our meal as a family so Chris ended up taking her out of the restaurant to walk around the halls of the mall. I should have known that she was entering the "scared of weird things" phase since she has been scared of the car wash lately...
*When Caleb and I met up with Daddy and Hannah after leaving the restaurant, I bent over to give Hannah a kiss and I was hit with an awful smell. She had a major blow-out diaper, which hasn't happened since she was a tiny baby! It was so bad that I had to throw her onesie away (and buy a new one, of course! You've met my second love--Carter's--right???). What a mess to deal with when you're away from home!!!
*Did we leave after those crazy experiences? No! We headed down to Underwater World. I basically had to be dragged there because I did not want to go, but Caleb insisted on seeing the sharks and Chris agreed. It was well worth it in the end because the place was virtually empty (we hate crowds) and Caleb was super excited! You would have thought it was his first time there instead of his 10th. I got a couple of cute pictures with my phone:
Caleb entering the "tunnel":

Caleb with Rufus, one of the deep sea turtles. He was very friendly today.

Caleb did NOT want to leave the sharks when it was time to go. He was bordering on a tantrum as we headed for the car and said "I want the sharks to bite my hand!" Chris and I were both confused at that statement, but that's what he said. Little does he know, even if we would have stayed at Underwater World for longer, the sharks still wouldn't have bit his hand....
*We stayed at the mall until well past rush hour so we wouldn't get stuck in traffic. Unfortunately, the roads were pure ice when we left so we ended up driving about 20 miles per hour anyways. It took us well over double the time to get home, but it gave Hannah a chance to sleep and Caleb and I a good chance to talk. Plus, Caleb is excellent at pointing out certain kinds of cars so every time he'd see a Toyota Camry, he say "Look, there's Daddy! Just kidding!" :)
No comments:
Post a Comment