Today was supposed to be the big warm-up day for us Minnesotans---the high was going to be around 8 degrees (above zero). I once again lost motivation to go outside when I saw that the temp. was actually -18 at 8am. Ugh, is all I can say. This time, the world was going on around us and nothing was canceled, but we canceled our plans to stay home. Chris went to work while the kids and I had one more PJ day. (I didn't feel a bit guilty since it was still -6 degrees at lunch time.) I did have to bribe Caleb into wanting to stay home once he came into my room all excited to go to a play place we were supposed to go to. I hadn't talked about it for almost two weeks and the child remembered that TODAY was the day we were supposed to go there. (I'm starting to wonder if he can secretly read and is checking out my calendar to see our daily plans...) When I asked him how the heck he remembered that we were going there today, he whispered in my ear, "Because I'm good." You can say that again!
Other cute things that Caleb said today:
* "Mom!! Hannah isn't being polite to me!!"
* "Oh, good! It tastes like dry snow!" (He was eating yogurt covered pretzels.)
* "Can I read your blog?" (Isn't that a sign of the times? My 3-year old randomly asked me if he could READ MY BLOG! What is the world coming to?)
* "Dad used to have brown hair, but then he drank red strawberry juice to make it red." Hmmm...interesting theory.
Hannah did more walking and it's amazing every time. She also spent a good majority of the day pestering her brother---hence, the "she's not being polite to me" statement. She was interested in everything he was playing with, she kept ruining his "inventions", and she kept walking right up to him and stealing his snacks. This includes pulling his place mat off the table and thus scattering his food all over the kitchen floor, which is right where she wanted it. That little stinker! As a sister myself, I have to say....I'm quite proud of her. ;)
I am now off to get my hair done because I need a little "Mommy time". The salon couldn't promise time for highlights/lowlights, but definitely a cut. I'll post a picture soon!
Friday, January 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Caleb just kills me- the strawberry juice made me REALLY laugh out loud!!
Post a Comment