When I woke up this morning, it was -21 degrees outside---actual temperature. I know some of you saw colder temps but man, -21 is cold enough for me! We had a big day planned: I was going to bring Caleb to preschool, then head over to my MOPS meeting with Hannah and finally, we were going to end the day with Caleb's second swimming lesson. When my alarm went off at 7am, I lost all motivation to leave my warm and cozy bed, however. I immediately turned on the TV to see if school was canceled, and therefore all of our other events would be canceled as well. Guess what? We got lucky!! Our district closed school for the day and Caleb and I couldn't be more thrilled. We ended up staying in our PJs for most of the day (until putting clean PJs on after supper). We watched some kid shows, I finished a book I was reading, and Caleb drew some "maps" to his grandparents' house. (He used stickers as the little cities...it was very clever!) All in all, it was a fabulous day with the kiddos but I can honestly say that I WANT TO LEAVE THE HOUSE tomorrow. I'm just *slightly* stir-crazy...
Another very cool thing that happened today: Hannah walked. I know...she's taken a few steps on her own before and you probably read my previous posts about it. However, today was something new. Instead of taking a couple steps on her own to get to a table or couch, she has started walking into wide open spaces. For example, I witnessed her toddle into the living room, not even planning on holding onto anything after two or three steps. About three times, she took 5-7 consecutive steps on her own. It was very fun to watch and I can't wait until she just walks all over the place. Let's face it....with the way she crawls, she'll probably go straight to RUNNING!! :p
Thursday, January 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Now she can make use of all the cute shoes she has, how exciting!
Post a Comment