After registering for preschool, I grabbed lunch for the family and headed home to get them fed and ready for our next adventure: Sesame Street Live.
For the first time ever, we were able to get front row seats. (This is our third year of seeing this show.) We were both excited about it and nervous, since we were sure Hannah would be scared to death by the characters getting too close. The first character that came out was Cookie Monster and when she saw him dancing three feet in front of her, she started crying. However, Ernie came out two minutes later, walked right up to her, touched her face and grabbed her hand. Did she cry then? Would you believe it---she loved it! She smiled and for the rest of the show, would let any character grab her hand and pat her on the head. It was amazing! She was riveted throughout the entire show (until the end when she started to get antsy) and she danced and clapped along with every song. Caleb was shy but not scared of the characters. He chose to sit on the aisle seat, all by himself. When the characters would come up to him, he wouldn't give them "five" when they held out their hands. They would always pat him on the head when he wouldn't hit their hand, or they would pretend to tickle him on the tummy. Every time, Caleb would laugh as they danced away and he loved every minute of it. If you ask him, his favorite part was when Grover patted him on the head and did a dance number about a foot away from his chair. :)
Everyone knows that I STILL don't know how to use our big fancy camera, but at least I was smart enough to bring it with and have Chris play with the settings before the show started. The pictures aren't the greatest (I took them without a flash, so most of them are blurry) but you can at least see how cool the show was, so here you go! ;)
This is Caleb's "I'm very satisfied" face:

His requirement for the show was that he "needed" Skittles. He didn't eat any lunch at home because, in his words, "they have food there"--"there" being the Target Center. He finally got his precious Skittles and a bottle of "Gander Mountain" after I made him eat a hot dog. :) (By the way, we weren't brave enough to try the blue snow cones that Alice had but I was definitely thinking about getting one!!)
Hannah watching the show. I tried to get a picture of her pointing at the stage, but those ones didn't turn out. Sorry!

My family in front of the stage:

Abby Cadabby---a personal favorite of ours:

Elmo and his group dancing on stage:

This is an awful picture but I wanted to show just how close we were because it was just so cool to see the characters dance two feet away from us. I didn't use a zoom on this picture:

All in all, it was a great experience for the kids---and for Chris and I. (I think I always get more excited than the kids do when it comes to shows like this.) And as you all know, I'm such a sucker for those light-up, spinny sounenirs, but I'm proud to say, we did NOT purchase one. Thank goodness! We did, however, have to get an Elmo balloon as we were leaving. Maybe I'll have more will-power next year! ;)
4 comments:
Seriously? pics of everyone but the one with the new 'do' ???
Yeah, where are the pics of YOU and your new hair!!!????
A. Did you almost get your camera confiscated at the door like I did?? He was worried that it looked to "professional". . .
B. Yes - I agree - the show would have been PERFECT if they cut about 30 minutes off!
C. And . . the blue Icee things. Ah Yeah. . . wanna know what it looks like coming out the other end?!?!? I thought I was coming down with some major disease!
I looks like you guys had a blast!
Post a Comment