Today, the temperature was well below freezing. In fact, when I came downstairs at 8am to feed breakfast to the kids, our outdoor thermometer read -17. And that's not even the windchill! I was torn whether or not to cancel our plans for the day. I decided to take Caleb to preschool, despite warnings that the roads were extremely slick. I took a left turn out of our cul-de-sac....and did a complete 180 degree turn. (Not on purpose!) I decided right then and there that my big 4-wheel drive Tahoe wasn't going to measure up to the icy roads. I still brought Caleb to preschool but I canceled my lunch plans since I would have had to get on the highway to get to the restaurant. (Sorry, Ashley!) By the time I went to pick Caleb up in the afternoon, the temperature had risen to -5 and it felt like a heat-wave! Seriously!
A few random comments for your enjoyment:
1. On extremely cold days, I put a blanket over Hannah's head when we are walking in and out of buildings. She hates it, but if I sing "Where, oh, where, oh, where is Hannah?" over and over, she just laughs and thinks it's funny. Everyone that passes me as I walk into these buildings as I'm singing seems to look at me strangely. I don't know why.... ;)
2. When Caleb woke up from his nap yesterday, he was crying quite hard. He had had a bad dream and it took awhile for him to stop crying. While he'll was sitting there crying, this is what he told me: "I want to give Hannah back to God so he can give her to a different family and we can get a new baby." I didn't realize it would be so hard to explain to a 3-year old that we are going to keep Hannah and God isn't going to give her to a different family just because her big brother wants Him to. A few minutes later, Caleb stopped crying abruptly and asked, "What does God look like?" I told him that no one really knows what God looks like. All of a sudden, Caleb started to cry again really hard. I asked why he was crying and he said, "I don't know what God looks like either!!!" :)
3. Hannah has now surpassed her brother in the "Getting Past Child-Proofing" department. Caleb can't--and doesn't really try--to open doors in our house that have those plastic door handle thingys on the handles. Hannah, however, has now taken the one on our basement door completely off the handle---twice! She breaks the thing right off! How she does it, I don't know. All I can say is that now Caleb and Hannah can REALLY be partners in crime: Hannah will rip the child-proof locks off the doors and Caleb will open the doors..... (I feel a headache coming on...)
Tuesday, January 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment