Thursday, January 29, 2009

Our Second Little Monkey

Now that Hannah is walking, she is turning into quite the little monkey. I don't think she's climbing quite as much as her brother was at this age (thank goodness!) but she's well on her way to giving me a few gray hairs. If there is any item near the couch that she can use as a step-stool (i.e. a stack of books, a few pillows, the dog), she'll climb right up onto the couch. This morning, she was playing in the kitchen. I thought all was well, but when I peeked in to check on her, this is what I found:


At first, I thought she was standing next to the drawer (because her PJs are hanging off the side) but, no, she had climbed into the drawer all by herself. I stepped away for a minute, and when I came back, the little dare devil was doing this:


It brought back memories of her brother standing in this drawer. (I have a picture of Caleb that looks almost identical to the one of Hannah standing in the drawer, but I couldn't find it. Boo-hoo!) Let's just hope I don't find her doing this any time soon:


Yes, this is Caleb at the age that Hannah is now and yes, it was a VERY stressful time in our household! :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You do have a couple of little monkeys on your hands! That one of Caleb is so funny (although I am sure it wasn't funny at the time). I am surprised he didn't pull the oven door open. I guess I know why you need to have the anti-tip things on them!

Anonymous said...

I do so love that you share your daily adventures with your children each day. I find it to be a good read daily and keeps me thinking of when my kids where young. :)

Thanks,
Jen

Erin Lewis said...

Oh my goodness! I am having a mini heart attack just thinking about how much kiddie proofing I will have to do in the house! That was way too cute!

Anonymous said...

It really did look like Hannah was standing up next to the drawer!