CALEB'S RANDOM COMMENTS
Very high on the list are the comments Caleb makes about random strangers or people we are with. He has recently said things out loud that make me mentally smack myself in the forehead. He is three, after all, and I've decided that this is an age that takes a lot of explaining. (Not only explaining to Caleb, but also to the strangers who look at me weirdly when they hear Caleb's comments.)
*We hosted playgroup yesterday but since it was a busy day, only one other family came over. It's a family that has a 5-year old and a 2-year old. Caleb was playing fine with them but kept shouting from the play room "Mom! When will my OTHER friends get here?" I felt so bad for those kids so I kept apologizing to their dad and trying to reassure him that my child DOES like playing with his kids, despite his want for different kids to come over.
*We were at a McDonald's last weekend. There was a female employee sitting near us and eating her lunch. Caleb didn't pay any attention to her until we were leaving. He pointed right at her and said "Mom, what's that guy eating over there?" I'm sure the poor lady heard every word! I calmly told Caleb that it's not polite to point and shoo-ed him out of the place.
TOYS
Next on my list of "Things I Can't Control" is the explosion of toys around our house. I know it's normal for it to be chaotic after Christmas and birthdays, but honestly, I feel like I'm being taken over by Fisher-Price....

This the toy room and for the record, it doesn't look this messy every day. (Mostly because these toys are normaly scattered all over my house!!) I'm realizing now that we probably didn't need to buy dining room furniture. We could have made that room a second play room instead!!
HANNAH'S HAIR

Hannah's hair has a mind of it's own. When I brought Caleb to the haircut place a few days ago, his stylist asked if I had ever gotten Hannah's hair cut. Not sure if that was a hint or if she was seriously wondering. Luckily, it's cold enough for her to wear a hat every time we go outside. When I take her hat off in public and people look at her crazy hair, I simply say, "Minnesota Hat Hair." :)
2 comments:
She is so darn cute! I just want to hug her! Even with the wild hair! :)
I love her wild hair too - especially the comment about Minnesota hat hair! Also, not to be a jerk but sometimes I feel like telling people that they really do make it confusing to tell if they are a boy or a girl, and I feel like I have a right to say this because when I am in my military uniform (my hair must be kept off my neck in a tight bun) I am confused for a man and called "sir" all the time! I wear makeup AND a push up bra, but alas I guess I just don't have it!
Post a Comment