
(Click image to see the enlarged version.)
I had to laugh when I saw this comic in the Sunday paper because it reminds me so much of every new stage that my kids go through. (If you're a parent, I'm sure you can agree!) Today, Hannah learned how to say "ball" so the only thing I've heard all evening is her walking around and saying "Bah! Bah! Bah!" It's super cute but it can get old after the millionth time! ;)
She has also started singing in the past couple of weeks. If you aren't around her 24/7 then you might not know exactly what she's singing, but as her mother, I am able to differentiate between "Where, Oh, Where?", "Row Row Row Your Boat" and "Twinkle Twinkle". The cutest thing is that if you sing "Twinkle, twinkle, little star. How I wonder what you are!" she'll say "Upa upa upa upa..." (as in "Up above the world so high...") Pretty good for a 1-year old, I'd say! It also only proves that each child has their early talents. I'm pretty sure that Caleb wasn't singing by 13-months but he WAS climbing on the table and dancing so I guess they're even. :)
Speaking of Caleb, you might be wondering how the blue in his hair came out. First, let me tell you that we WON'T be purchasing any "really cool blue hair spray" any time soon. While I was smart enough to put a towel over the pillow he took a nap on (just in case, I thought at the time), I wasn't smart enough to tell him NOT to lay his head on our practically white carpet. I can still see the lovely blue spot that his head left. Grrrrreat! It did wash out of his hair pretty well when he took a bath last night, however, I had to shampoo him twice AND Clorox the tub afterwards to get the blue ring off. All this after Hannah pulled his place mat off the table at dinner and sent his food and cup full of milk flying over the freshly washed floor. Ah, just another day with two energetic children, I guess!!
(In short, please don't buy Caleb colored hair spray for his birthday, even though he will tell you that he's getting orange in his hair next time. There will be no "next time"...) :)
1 comment:
We saw that comic and thought it was cute!
Post a Comment