Some of you may know that this week is Chris' birthday. It's not a "big milestone" birthday, but I decided that I wanted to do something really special for him. First off, let me tell you that he is the hardest person to shop for so I always have to think extra long and hard about what to get him. Secondly, this guy is super modest! He never asks to plan something fun for his birthday so I try to do it for him. I threw a surprise birthday party for him about 5 years ago, and while I couldn't put a party together on short notice this year, I did want to surprise him.
The night before his birthday, I gave him his gift from the kids and I: a CD that he wanted, some short tumblers (glasses) for his office, and the best bottle of Scotch I could find. (He's not much of a Scotch drinker but mentioned once that it would be fun to have things like that in his office.) He loved the gift! I then told him that he had better stay late at the office on his birthday so the kids and I could put together his surprise birthday dinner. I told him that we were going to make something that he loves. At this point, he thought I was going to make his favorite meal and that Caleb might help make a cake for him. Wrong!! My wonderful in-laws came over in the afternoon to watch the kids, I got all dolled up, and went downtown to surprise Chris at his office. I even called him on the way---he didn't suspect a thing! He was very surprised to see me and I got to take him to a wonderful birthday dinner at one of our favorite restaurants. It was an early evening---we were home before the kids went to bed---but I hope it showed him that I appreciate him and that I can't wait to celebrate each year with him.
Happy Birthday, Honey!
Tuesday, February 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Awww, You're such a good wife! :)
Fun idea! I bet Chris really appreciated you surprising him downtown!
Oh that is SO SWEET! I bet he really loved it. Isn't life fantastic that we have these annual events to gauge or life by? I bet he is really looking forward to the love and laughter that you and the kids will bring him in this next year.
Post a Comment