Last night, the company that Chris works for had their "15th Anniversary" bash. It was so much fun and they really went "all out"! They rented rooms for everyone at Treasure Island Resort and Casino and got everyone tickets to see the comedian, Frank Caliendo.
My in-laws came over in the afternoon on Saturday to take over "kid duty". Chris and I left for the casino and got there around 5pm, which was perfect timing. We were able to relax for a little bit and wander around the casino before dinner with Chris' co-workers. The casino had gotten bigger than the last time I was there, so it was fun to see all the new areas. It was, however, extremely smokey in there! Normally, I'm not one who cares about smokiness of public places, unless my kids are with me. But I guess I've gotten used to most places being completely non-smoking because I just couldn't handle the smoke in the casino. It was hazy and my eyes were watering, but we still sat in the bar area until it was time for dinner. I was worried about reeking of smoke by the time we met up with everyone else, but we saw some of Chris' colleagues about then and they assured us that EVERYONE was going to stink so it would be okay. :)
Dinner was great, as was the show. If you don't know who Frank Caliendo is, click HERE and you can see who I'm talking about. He does amazing impressions of celebrities and presidents, and it was SO FUNNY! After the show, everyone from the company kind of scattered, so Chris and I went off to play some Black Jack. The casino was super super crowded since it was a Saturday night so we couldn't even find one open spot at any of the tables. We ended up hanging out with some co-workers for awhile and then going to back to our room.
This morning, we didn't have our little alarms (aka children) to wake us up in the morning so we slept in until almost 8am. Yes, that IS sleeping in for us!! :) We got all showered and dressed and then headed downstairs for breakfast. We, of course, got side-tracked as we passed the Black Jack tables because they were practically empty!! We played a few rounds which doubled our money and then headed off for breakfast. It was kind of annoying, however, because the woman sitting right next to me at the Black Jack table was smoking and blowing her smoke right at me!! (Not on purpose, thank goodness, but it was still gross!) Here, I had just taken a shower and done my hair and I had to go right home and take ANOTHER shower because of her smoke. Annoying!!
The rest of the morning was pretty boring so I won't bore you with the details. All in all, it was a great "get-away" and it made it even more neat that we won some $$ right before we left. Very cool!! I give kudos to Chris' office manager for planning such a great event. What a fun idea it was to have everyone stay over at a hotel. I can't wait for their 20th anniversary to see what they come up with next! :)
Sunday, February 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Bloomington Schools does NOT treat their employees to such perks....although we do have a place we can go to pick up discards from other people's companies to use in our classrooms. That's almost as good as the casino, right!? LOL
It souded like you had a fun time! Did Hanmah and Caleb have fun with grandma and grandpa?
Post a Comment