Friday, February 20, 2009

Snow? Again?

A few days ago, it was about 40 degrees outside and I was really looking forward to spring. REALLY looking forward to it. Today, the high was about 20 degrees which isn't too bad, except it started SNOWING this afternoon. It looks like a winter wonderland outside, once again, and I'm not too thrilled about it. I was really enjoying the absence of winter hats and scarves but I guess I'd better dig them out again in case we decided to go anywhere tomorrow. Boo-hoo!!

This morning, the kids and I went to the airport to have brunch with my mom. It was fun to see some of my old co-workers and to be in the hustle and bustle of that atmosphere again. Caleb was being such a good listener and I had such a fun time hanging out with my mom and kids. Caleb, Hannah and I walked around the airport after my mom left to get on a plane (she was going to Colorado) and it was really a blast. That is, until Hannah ripped a piece of paper that Caleb was apparently saving to bring home. Without thinking, Caleb shouted "Hannah!" and whacked her on the leg. Hannah looked at me with her mouth wide open, as if she was saying "Can you believe he just did that?!" He immediately said "I'm sorry, Hannah" and gave her a big hug and that seemed to make it all right by Hannah. My brother and I did way worse to each other when we argued (didn't we, Jon?) but it's still surprising to me when Caleb and Hannah act like typical siblings towards each other! :)

When we got home, Caleb ended up getting an impromptu science lesson. We had groceries delivered in the afternoon (because I am sick of dragging the kids around in this cold weather) and in the bag of cold food was a package of dry ice.


It was like a witch's brew in our sink! Caleb kept his eye on it until all of the ice finally melted. He kept saying "There's still smoke, Mom!" which is where the science lesson came in. He still doesn't understand why I said "Don't touch the ice because it will burn you" but he'll get it when he's a little bit older. :)

Happy weekend! We still don't have any plans whatsoever so don't expect any interesting posts from me!! ;)

No comments: